Phase IV - Trauma Care
After you have shut down Exploitation Parlors, the women will need your help. This is a key part of Citizen action. Identify non-profits in your community who have a trauma informed approach to working with trafficking victims and preferably those who have experience working with women who have been in Exploitation Parlors.
Build a relationship with an 'Aftercare' Organization
- Find a non-profit in your community who will help develop an aftercare plan for the women coming out of Exploitation Parlors.
- Inform them of what your Citizen Core is doing.
- Ask the best way you can ensure the women who are released are taken care of.
- Contact your city officials and inform them of the relationship you have built, and how they can be involved.
- Where appropriate, make the introduction between city officials and the shelter.
- Please see these websites for additional information on identifying resources for trafficking victims in your community:
The Department of Health and Human Services Guide to Services Available to Victims of Human Trafficking.
The National Human Trafficking Resource Center.