Phase I - Create Your Citizen Core
You are a warrior. As a Citizen you will fight for women stuck in a cycle of degradation and abuse - real women who have names, women who once had a life before it was stolen from them. But, you can’t do this alone. You will need companions for this journey, a team of Citizens - a Citizen Core.
Achieve a Citizen Core of 3-7 people.
- Invite your most passionate friends who are not afraid of a hard fight to share a meal with you.
- Show them the map on your city page and read the reviews of what is happening to these women.
- Consider the following questions: What if that were you? Your daughter? Your sister? Your friend?
- Ask your friends to feel all of the emotions that are being stirred up right now. Ask them to not look away.
- Ask your friends to consider being part of your "Citizen Core." Inform them that you will follow up with more details on what's involved.
- The next day, send them a link to this site and ask them to review all the phases of the Citizen Action Plan.
- Follow up again to confirm their interest and capacity for involvement.
- After you’ve confirmed participation, please review Phase IV of the Citizen Action Plan on Trauma Care. This should be a consideration from the start. A member of the Citizen Core should start making aftercare plans for the victims while the rest of the team focuses on exposing and shutting down the exploitation centers.